Personal Injury Lawyer Fort Worth Texas

Frequently Asked Questions about Car and Truck Accidents in Fort Worth

How much is your claim worth and do you really need a car or truck accident attorney?

Many people aren’t sure what to do after they’ve been hurt in a car or truck accident. They need medical treatment and the expenses are adding up. They can’t work and there is less money coming in. This leads to financial stress and victims aren’t sure how they are going to be able to pay their bills. All they have are questions.

The aftermath of a Houston TX car accidentIf you’ve been involved in a crash, the Fort Worth car accident lawyers at Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. can help. We can answer your questions, review the details of your collision and go over your legal options. We understand the impact a crash can have on victims and their families. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our clients get the best results possible.

You will always deal directly with your attorney at our firm. There are no case managers here. Put more than 30 years of legal experience to work for you.

What are the differences between Fort Worth car and truck accident claims?

The process of collecting compensation after any accident can be complicated, but this is especially true with truck accidents in big cities like Fort Worth. Typically, a car accident results in a claim being filed against the driver who caused the accident. In truck accidents, the claim typically is filed against the trucking company. Fort Worth truck accident lawyer Coby L. Wooten has the skills needed to protect the rights of victims who are seeking compensation from larger-scale defendants. He is well-versed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations that may have an impact on your claim.

(back to top)

What should I bring when meeting with an attorney?

After you schedule your free case evaluation, you can help attorney Wooten by bringing a few critical pieces of information to your first meeting. These include doctor records of your injury and treatment, police records, pay stubs documenting your lost wages, photos from the accident scene, witness information and a details about how the accident as affected your life. We recommend all injury victims keep a journal detailing the long-term impact of your injuries. The more information we have on our side, the better.

(back to top)

Is Texas a no-fault state for accidents?
No. Like most other states, Texas is a “fault” state. The driver who caused the accident is responsible for compensating the injured. That’s why insurance companies will try to put at least some of the blame on you.

(back to top)

Can I file a car or truck accident lawsuit in Fort Worth?

Damaged truck after a rollover accident in HoustonYes. After you review the details of your case with one of our attorneys, you may learn you have the right to file a lawsuit against the negligent driver or trucking company that caused your accident. At your discretion - and only after all your options have been thoroughly explored - we can file a claim in the appropriate Texas court. The choice is ultimately up to you. If you choose to file a claim, we're prepared to fight vigorously on your behalf.

(back to top)

I was injured while visiting Fort Worth. What can I do?

Contact Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C., as soon as possible. Do not hesitate. Each state has different rules and regulations. Texas is no exception. We understand how difficult it is knowing what to do when in an accident in an unfamiliar place. You deserve representation from a Fort Worth truck and car accident attorney who knows the law. Attorney Wooten is a tough litigator who helps out-of-state clients obtain the compensation they deserve.

(back to top)

How do I get a copy of the police report after an accident?

The officer who responds to the accident scene will complete a Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report (CR-3). It will contain information that can help your case when you try to recover financial compensation. You can get a copy of this report through the Texas Department of Transportation. We can also handle the request for the police report on your behalf. One of our attorneys can go over the report with you.

(back to top)

Do I need to see a doctor after an accident?

It’s in your best interests to get medical attention after an accident even if you seem to feel OK. Some injuries don’t have immediate symptoms, such as concussion or damage to internal organs. A doctor can examine you and begin treatment for any injuries you do have. A doctor can also document your injuries. This documentation will be important when you are trying to recover financial compensation.

(back to top)

Coby L. Wooten Attorney at Law, P.C.

1301 Ballinger St. #100
Fort Worth, TX 76102

Toll Free: 877-960-1279
Local: 817-502-9284

Meetings outside of Fort Worth are available by appointment.

Map & Directions
Free Case Consultation