Do I Need A Lawyer After A Car Accident?
Attorney Coby L. Wooten fights for the best outcome in your case
When you’ve been hurt in a car accident, it can take time to sort things out. You may be left with medical expenses and be unable to work right away. As you deal with the insurance companies, you are left with many questions. One of the first questions you may ask yourself is, “Do I need a lawyer?”
You may think your accident is relatively minor and that getting a car accident lawyer isn’t really necessary. Technically, you don’t need a lawyer. There is no requirement to have one. Insurance companies would actually prefer that you don’t have a car accident lawyer. Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. knows that makes it easier for the insurance company to pay you less.
Insurance companies deal with claims every day and they have become very good at finding ways to limit compensation after a car accident. It’s important to remember that they are not on your side. They have lawyers fighting for their best interests. You need an experienced attorney who will fight for you.
Experienced car accident lawyer fighting for the compensation you deserve
Attorney Coby L. Wooten has been fighting for the injured in Fort Worth for decades. He has litigated cases throughout Texas and the United States and delivered sizable verdicts and settlements for his clients. He has the experience, legal knowledge and resources to fight the insurance companies on your behalf.
Here are some of the things Coby L. Wooten can do for you:
- Investigate your accident – Strong cases are built on facts. Our investigators look at your accident closely and look for evidence. We carefully review accident reports and medical records for information that can help your case. We interview witnesses and, if needed, consult accident reconstruction experts.
- Identify negligent parties – The other driver may have been speeding, driving erratically, texting, talking on the phone, falling asleep at the wheel or operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We identify negligent parties and hold them accountable.
- Determine the total damages you have suffered – This includes all current and future medical expenses related to your injury, property damage, including damage to your vehicle, and lost wages if you couldn’t work. There may also be other damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Deal with insurance companies – Insurance companies have many tactics they use to try to limit your compensation. They may question the extent of your injuries or the need for certain treatment. They may seek access to your medical records for evidence your injuries were pre-existing. We deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement – Most car accident claims are ultimately resolved this way, but attorney Coby L. Wooten is only interested in a resolution of your case that meets your needs. If the insurance company won’t negotiate a settlement that works for you, he will fight for you in court.
How much will all this cost you? Nothing unless we win. Attorney Coby L. Wooten works on a contingency fee basis. That means there is no cost to you unless he recovers compensation.
That’s why it’s worth it to get an attorney for a car accident. Many people are concerned about how much it might cost to hire a lawyer, but the insurance industry’s own data shows that even taking the contingency fee into account, people who hire an attorney recover more on average than those who don’t.
How soon should you hire an attorney after a Texas car accident?
When should you call a lawyer? The answer is as soon as possible following your accident. Texas law generally gives you two years from the date of the wreck to file a lawsuit, but you need to take action much sooner than that. It’s important to start investigating before evidence gets lost or destroyed and before witnesses forget important details. The insurance company will likely start investigating right away, and you should do the same.
In addition, if the insurance company has offered you a settlement, you need to talk to an attorney before you choose to accept or decline it. Once you take the insurance company’s money, it’s too late to hire a lawyer – your case is settled, and there is nothing we can do to go back for more money. Always review a settlement offer with your attorney before you sign.
We fight for the injured in Fort Worth
When you hire our firm, you can expect personal attention and exceptional service from your lawyer. There are no case managers here. You can expect to be kept updated about your case and to receive quick responses to any questions you have along the way. Lastly, you can expect hard work from an experienced lawyer dedicated to helping you get the best possible outcome.
You may not be sure if you have a case. But you should at least find out where you stand. An experienced car accident attorney can review the details of your accident and go over your legal options. We can also answer any question you have. There’s no cost and no obligation. We just want you to have the information you need to decide what to do next.
We have more than 30 years of experience. If you were hurt in Fort Worth car accident, learn more about how attorney Coby L. Wooten can help. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation. We can meet you at our office, at your home, in your hospital room or whatever location is convenient for you.