Do I Need A Lawyer After A Car Accident?
Attorney Coby L. Wooten fights for the best outcome in your case
When you’ve been hurt in a car accident, it can take time to sort things out. You may be left with medical expenses and be unable to work right away. As you deal with the insurance companies, you are left with many questions. One of the first questions you may ask yourself is, “Do I need a lawyer?”
You may think your accident is relatively minor and that getting a lawyer isn’t really necessary. Technically, you don’t need a lawyer. There is no requirement to have one. Insurance companies would actually prefer that you don’t have a lawyer. Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. knows that makes it easier for the insurance company to pay you less.
Insurance companies deal with claims every day and they have become very good at finding ways to limit compensation after a car accident. It’s important to remember that they are not on your side. They have lawyers fighting for their best interests. You need an experienced attorney who will fight for you.
Experienced lawyer fighting for the compensation you deserve
Attorney Coby L. Wooten has been fighting for the injured in Fort Worth for decades. He has litigated cases throughout Texas and the United States and delivered sizable verdicts and settlements for his clients. He has the experience, legal knowledge and resources to fight the insurance companies on your behalf.
Here are some of the things Coby L. Wooten can do for you:
- Investigate your accident – Strong cases are built on facts. Our investigators look at your accident closely and look for evidence. We carefully review accident reports and medical records for information that can help your case. We interview witnesses and, if needed, consult accident reconstruction experts.
- Identify negligent parties – The other driver may have been speeding, driving erratically, texting, talking on the phone, falling asleep at the wheel or operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs. We identify negligent parties and hold them accountable.
- Determine the total damages you have suffered – This includes all current and future medical expenses related to your injury, property damage, including damage to your vehicle, and lost wages if you couldn’t work. There may also be other damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Deal with insurance companies – Insurance companies have many tactics they use to try to limit your compensation. They may question the extent of your injuries or the need for certain treatment. They may seek access to your medical records for evidence your injuries were pre-existing. We deal with the insurance companies so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement – Most car accident claims are ultimately resolved this way, but attorney Coby L. Wooten is only interested in a resolution of your case that meets your needs. If the insurance company won’t negotiate a settlement that works for you, he will fight for you in court.
How much will all this cost you? Nothing unless we win. Attorney Coby L. Wooten works on a contingency fee basis. That means there is no cost to you unless he recovers compensation.
If you were hurt in Fort Worth car accident, learn more about how attorney Coby L. Wooten can help. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.