Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Fort Worth
Dedicated to getting you full compensation for the damage you have suffered
When people suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI), they’re not only presented with a physical challenge. They’re presented with a tremendous psychological challenge as well. Traumatic brain injuries are caused after a sudden impact to the head, causing physical damage that might or might not go unseen. In some cases – such as a serious SUV rollover accident – it might be easy to detect a severe injury. In other cases, such as a minor slip and fall accident, it could be weeks or even months before an accident victim shows symptoms.
In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries is from auto accidents. Other causes of these serious injuries include construction accidents, slip and fall accidents, and violent crime such as an assault due to a property’s negligent security. These head injuries can be especially harmful for children due to their vulnerability and developing bodies.
Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fort Worth right away if you or a loved one has hit their head in an accident. Whether it was a mild TBI like a concussion, or a more severe head injury, call Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. today.
Traumatic brain injuries have serious consequences. Contact us today
No matter the cause of a traumatic brain injury, short and long-term consequences can be serious. Brain injuries often cause physical, behavioral, or mental changes that lead to a variety of different conditions:
- Deterioration of memory: TBI’s can cause memory problems, including difficulty remembering recent events. TBI victims may also suffer confusion and disorientation.
- Slurred speech and language problems: Slow speech, difficulty finding the right words, and trouble understanding others can all result from a TBI.
- Lack of motor coordination: Brain injuries can cause problems with coordination and balance, including stumbling or falling, and trouble controlling movements.
- Difficulty concentrating: Distractibility, forgetfulness, and difficulty focusing on tasks are all concentration problems that can result from a head injury.
- Alexithymia: TBI’s can lead to difficulties identifying and expressing emotions, otherwise known as alexithymia. This can make it challenging for a person to communicate their feelings or understand others’ emotions.
- Changes in sleep patterns: Difficulty falling asleep, sleeping more than usual and disrupted sleep are all common symptoms of a head injury.
- Irritability: Head injuries can cause irritability, mood swings, and emotional instability.
- Headaches: Brain injuries can cause headaches that won’t go away or get worse over time, often accompanied by other symptoms such as nausea.
- Seizures: Brain damage can cause sudden, uncontrolled electrical disturbances in the brain that can lead to convulsions, loss of consciousness, and changes in behavior or perception.
- Loss of consciousness: A moderate to severe TBI can cause the victim lose consciousness for several minutes or more.
How an attorney in Fort Worth can help
You might think you don’t need a lawyer. You might think your case is a straightforward legal matter. Don’t be so sure. Complicated cases deserve the attention of an experienced brain injury attorney in Fort Worth who knows how to protect your rights. If you’re suffering a brain injury from a car accident, contact Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C., today. Call (866) 408-0940 to schedule an appointment at our Fort Worth office. Your initial consultation is free and we don’t get paid unless we win your case. That’s because we work on a contingency fee basis.