Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Fort Worth
Your brain or neck injury may require surgery
Even the most minor motorcycle accident can turn a motorcyclist's life upside down due to the injuries they've sustained. Even when wearing a helmet and other protective gear, motorcycle riders are more vulnerable than drivers of larger cars and trucks. Accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle, including left-turn crashes, rear-end accidents, and doorings, can cause severe personal injuries. If the negligence of another driver was the cause of your motorcycle accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the injuries you or your loved one has suffered.
Fort Worth motorcycle accident injury attorney Coby L. Wooten, P.C. understands that motorcycle riders face an exponentially higher risk of being injured in an accident. Some of the common types of injuries sustained by motorcycle riders include:
- Nervous system injuries. Severe damage to the head or back can cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or debilitating spinal cord injury. These injuries could result in paralysis or a loss of cognitive functions, altering the lives of victims permanently.
- Hand or feet injuries. Injuries to extremities can lead to broken bones, fractures, or even the amputation of a limb. Even if it's just a broken bone, it can still take months to fully recover and require ongoing physical therapy.
- Internal injuries. Damage to internal organs and blood vessels might require surgery and potentially incapacitate someone. Recovery can involve complicated prescription drugs that have harmful side effects that make everyday tasks much more difficult.
- Wrongful death. Due to the vulnerability of motorcycle riders, riders who take precautionary measures such as wearing helmets can still be involved in a catastrophic motorcycle crash that results in the death of the motorcycle operator or passenger.
- Concussion. A strong impact or blow to the head can cause this type of brain injury. A concussion can lead to short- and long-term symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, confusion, memory loss, nausea, blurred vision, and sensitivity to light or sound.
- Torn ligaments. The impact of a motorcycle crash can damage ligaments, the connective tissues that attach bones to each other. Swelling, pain, and limited mobility are all signs of a torn ligament.
- Road rash and burns. Skin can be damaged by the friction of skin contact with the road. They can range from minor scrapes to severe burns, damaging all layers of the skin. Road rash is also very vulnerable to infection if dirt or gravel from the road gets into the wound.
You deserve justice. Contact attorney Coby L. Wooten today
Complicated cases deserve the attention of an experienced Fort Worth motorcycle accident injury attorney who knows how to protect your rights. Your case is about more than just money. It's about holding negligent parties responsible for their actions. Take a stand. Contact Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. today. Call (866) 408-0940 to schedule an appointment at our Fort Worth office. Your initial consultation is free and we don't get paid unless we win your case. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis.