Personal Injury Lawyer Fort Worth Texas

Medical Expenses After A Car Accident

Fort Worth attorney Coby L. Wooten fights for the compensation you deserve

A car accident can leave you with serious injuries that require medical treatment. Medical expenses can add up very quickly and become overwhelming. You may also be unable to work because of your injuries, leaving you with less income. This can leave you wondering how you are going to pay the bills.

If you were hurt in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you shouldn’t have to pay. Recovering the financial compensation you deserve for your medical expenses can be complicated, however, because insurance companies will fight you every step of the way. That’s why you need an experienced car accident lawyer. Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. can help you fight back.

Here are answers to some of the questions people have after being hurt in a car accident:

Do I need to see a doctor?

Yes. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you may not feel that you are hurt. Or you may be worried about how you are going to pay. Focus on your health first. You could have injuries that aren’t showing any symptoms yet. Symptoms of injuries such as concussions and internal bleeding may not appear for hours or even longer. By the time symptoms do appear, it may be a medical emergency.

Get examined by a doctor. A doctor can examine you, begin treatment, and document the injuries you have. This documentation is evidence that can help in your claim for compensation.

How long do I have to see a doctor after a car accident?

We encourage you to see a doctor as soon as possible. In general, it’s best to get a medical examination within 72 hours of your accident. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that the insurance company will question your injuries.

What type of doctor should I see after an accident?

You can start by visiting the emergency room immediately following your accident. Or arrange for an examination by your primary care physician within 72 hours, if possible. A doctor may then refer you to a specialist, depending on the type of injuries you suffered.

What type of medical visits and expenses can I be compensated for after a car accident?

You can recover financial compensation for all medical expenses – now and in the future – related to the injuries you suffered in the accident. That includes:

Who pays my medical bills after a car accident?

This is where it gets complicated. If you were injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you shouldn’t have to pay anything, but the driver’s insurance company will be looking for ways to pay you less. They may question the seriousness of your injuries. They may argue your injuries were pre-existing. They may also try to blame you for at least partially causing the accident, which would mean you would be responsible for some of your medical expenses.

That’s why you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. Our firm knows how the insurance companies operate. We build strong cases based on facts to hold negligent parties accountable. We start by investigating your crash. This involves gathering evidence, carefully reviewing accident reports and medical records, and interviewing witnesses.

We also determine the total damages you have suffered. This includes current and future medical expenses related to your injuries, lost wages if you weren’t able to work and other damages such as pain and suffering. If the insurance company won’t negotiate a settlement that meets your needs, we’ll be prepared to fight them in court.

If you were injured in a car accident in Fort Worth, it’s important to get legal advice as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for taking legal action in Texas is two years from the date of your accident. But evidence can be lost or destroyed. Witnesses can forget important details. The sooner we can get started on your case, the better.

Attorney Coby L. Wooten can review the details of your accident and go over your options. He will fight to help you recover the compensation you deserve for all medical expenses and other damages you suffered. Our firm does not use case managers. You get personal attention from your attorney.

Put more than 30 years of legal experience to work for you.

Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. There’s no cost and obligation. We just want you to have the facts you need to move forward.

Coby L. Wooten Attorney at Law, P.C.

1301 Ballinger St. #100
Fort Worth, TX 76102

Toll Free: 877-960-1279
Local: 817-502-9284

Meetings outside of Fort Worth are available by appointment.

Map & Directions
Free Case Consultation