Fort Worth attorney with decades of experience
While the typical roadway involves traffic in only two directions, intersections can be complex. Most intersections can be four-way or more, especially in cities like Fort Worth and Dallas. Intersection accidents are often caused by negligence or illegal maneuvers by one or more drivers. These car accidents can happen when motorists run traffic signals or stop signs, irresponsibly makes side street turns, or fail to yield the right of way to other drivers.
If the negligence of another driver caused your intersection accident, you need a Fort Worth car accident attorney with decades of legal knowledge and experience handling such claims. Attorney Coby L. Wooten will gladly investigate the cause of your accident and work to hold responsible parties accountable. His case results speak for themselves. Contact Wooten today and find out how we can help you.
Types of intersection accidents
Since vehicles travel in multiple directions, intersection accidents can be complex. In many cases, multiple vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists can be involved. Common intersection accidents include:
- T-bone and broadside accidents: Side-impact collisions can happen when a driver runs a traffic light or stop sign and hits another vehicle. In T-bone and broadside accidents, fault can be attributed to the driver who gets hit.
- Head-on collisions: These types of accidents are very rare, but can be catastrophic. A head-on collision can occur at an intersection when a driver hits the front end of a left-turning vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents can happen when a driver hits a vehicle making a right turn out of a side street. Rear-end collisions can also happen at traffic lights and stop signs, when a driver fails to stop.
- Sideswipes: When more than one vehicle is turning at a time, a negligent move can result in a sideswipe. These accidents are caused by poor lane departure, but can happen at intersections where more than one lane turns in a specific direction.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist accidents: A driver who fails to yield at an intersection can cause a severe accident with a pedestrian or bicyclist. In some cases, a pedestrian or bicyclist who crosses an intersection without the right of way can be at fault for causing an accident.
Attorney you can trust
After an intersection accident, determining who was at fault can take a thorough investigation. Intersection accidents with more than one vehicle involved can result in multiple claims against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The insurance company will go to great lengths to keep their costs down, which includes evading compensation to victims.
That’s why you need the advice of an auto accident attorney experienced at handling complex intersection accidents in the Fort Worth and Dallas area. Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law will fight to hold negligent parties accountable for causing your intersection accident. In the event of a crash, contact our legal team for a free case evaluation, or call our Fort Worth office at 817-632-8400.