About Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney Coby L. Wooten
He can help you with your car accident claim
Coby Lee Wooten was born in Fort Worth, Texas in April 1967. He graduated from Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) in December 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He received his Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) in June 1996. He received the Order of Barristers honor while attending his third year. Coby was admitted to the State Bar of Texas on November 1, 1996, and immediately opened his law firm. Initially working out of his home and concentrating on criminal law, attorney Wooten now concentrates on personal injury litigation.
Attorney Wooten’s focus is primarily on personal injury litigation, including truck accidents, wrongful death cases, head injuries, and catastrophic injuries. Coby is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Tarrant County Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, and Tarrant County Criminal Lawyers Association. He is a past President of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association and currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Coby is admitted to practice law in all state courts in Texas as well as the federal district courts for the Northern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, and District of Colorado.
In addition, Coby has taken the Pro Bono Pledge, a program of the State Bar of Texas that encourages attorneys to strive toward a goal of performing at least 50 hours of free legal services to the poor each year. Coby is proud to take care of legal matters on behalf of Texans in need on a pro bono basis.
Coby is married and has one daughter.
Awards and recognition
Coby L. Wooten was recognized by his peers when he was voted a “Top Attorney in Fort Worth” from 2008-2010 and 2012-2022 in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury. The list is published in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine.
Attorney Wooten was also featured in the July 2017 issue of 360 West Magazine in an article titled, “Attorneys Worth Knowing.” Read the full interview here. He was featured again in 2018.
He was named a 2014 and 2015 Litigator Award Winner by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents LLC, given to fewer than 1 percent of all attorneys and based on actual verdicts and settlements.
In 2015, he received an Avvo Clients’ Choice Award on the basis of his commitment and dedication to clients.
Attorney Wooten has litigated cases all over the State of Texas and the United States. He recently successfully settled a motor vehicle accident resulting in serious injuries in the Republic of the Philippines. Coby’s peers continue to recognize his superior leadership and vision. Coby was elected to serve as the 2014 President of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association. The firm has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Contact Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. today to schedule a free initial consultation about your civil litigation matter. You deserve quality representation and Coby L. Wooten is ready to stand up for your rights. Call (866) 408-0940 and schedule an appointment today.
Areas of Practice:
- Class Actions — Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death— Plaintiff
- Truck Accidents — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice — Plaintiff
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- State of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas, 1996 J.D.
* Honors: Order of Barristers
- Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1990 Political Science
- Mansfield High School, 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- The Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, former President
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers by Texas Monthly: 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine “Top Attorney” list, Personal Injury – Plaintiffs; 2008-2010, 2012-2022
- Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents 2014 & 2015 Litigator Award Winner (Top 1 percent of lawyers)
- Avvo Superb 10+ Rating
- 360 West Magazine, July 2017-2022, “Attorneys Worth Knowing”
- 29th largest jury verdict in the state of Texas in 2018