About Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorney Coby L. Wooten
Coby Lee Wooten was born in Fort Worth, Texas in April 1967. He graduated from Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) in December 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He received his Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law) in June 1996. He received the Order of Barristers honor while attending his third year. Coby was admitted to the State Bar of Texas on November 1, 1996 and immediately opened his own law firm. Initially working out of his home and concentrating on criminal law, attorney Wooten now concentrates on personal injury litigation.
Attorney Wooten’s focus is primarily on personal injury litigation, including truck accidents, wrongful death cases, head injuries, and catastrophic injuries. Coby is current President of the Tarrant County Bar Association, a member of the State Bar of Texas, Tarrant County Bar Association, Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Tarrant County Criminal Lawyers Association, and the Texas Criminal Lawyers Association. He is also on the Board of Directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. Coby is admitted to practice in all Texas State Courts, and the Northern and Western Districts of the United States Federal District Court.
Coby is married and has one daughter.
Awards and recognition
Coby L. Wooten was recognized by his peers when he was voted a “Top Attorney in Fort Worth” in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009 and 2008 in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury. The list is published in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine. He was named a 2014 Litigator Award Winner, given to fewer than 1 percent of all attorneys and based on actual verdicts and settlements.
Attorney Wooten has litigated cases all over the State of Texas and the United States. He recently successfully settled a motor vehicle accident resulting in serious injuries in the Republic of the Philippines. Coby’s peers continue to recognize his superior leadership and vision. Coby was elected to serve as the 2014 President of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association. The firm has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Contact Coby L. Wooten, Attorney at Law, P.C. today to schedule a free initial consultation about your civil litigation matter. You deserve quality representation and Coby L. Wooten is ready to stand up for your rights. Call (866) 408-0940 and schedule an appointment today.
Areas of Practice:
- Class Actions — Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death— Plaintiff
- Truck Accidents — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice — Plaintiff
80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Texas, 1996, State of Texas & United States Federal Court Northern District
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), Fort Worth, Texas, 1996 J.D.
* Honors: Order of Barristers
- Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1990 Political Science
- Mansfield High School, 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
* President, 2014
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Honors and Awards
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine “Top Attorney” list, Personal Injury – Plaintiffs; 2008-2010, 2012-2015
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents 2014 & 2015 Litigator Award Winner (Top 1 percent of lawyers)
- Avvo Superb 10+ Rating